Tuesday, January 04, 2011

You are not raining on my 2011 parade

The day has gone like this:

  1. Spilled coffee on myself chasing after a woman that left a bunch of papers in Starbucks. (No good deed goes unpunished)
  2. Was called disrespectful, unprofessional and an asshole by two different clients in separate phone calls (“gripe fests”) due to my partner not calling them back. (Thanks boss)
  3. Cut myself (on the joint of my finger) while finalizing a settlement demand packet, bled all over the demand packet and could only stop the bleeding with a Barbie Band-Aid. (The bloody demand was still sent...take that claims adjustor!)
  4. Was informed I violated a bankruptcy court rule regarding the disclosure of protected personal information by opposing counsel. (Ignorance is excuse, right?)
  5. And was served with a sua sponte motion telling me I get to show why I shouldn’t be held in contempt of court. ("Your honor, I stewpid, don't jail me")
Still, all-in-all, not a bad day.