Saturday, January 01, 2005

About Me

Well, simply put, I am a lawyer in Chicago

I get a lot of questions about why I call this thing the "The Namby Pamby Law Student." During Civil Procedure of the first semester of 1L, I was called on by the professor. Of course, me being the studious invidual that I was (am), I was zoning out and really wasn't following the conversation. I had done the reading and I was somewhat coherent on the topic. Or so I thought.

The reading was regarding the Rule 12 motions. Specifically Rule 12e. When the professor posed a fact pattern and then ended by asking me what I thought was the best course of action. I responded by saying filing a motion for a 12e. The professor responded by screaming at the top of his lungs, "WHAT TYPE OF NAMBY PAMBY ATTORNEY ARE YOU?!?!?" Then he proceeded to accuse me of wanting to bilk my client out of thousands of dollars by encouraging mindless paperwork.

Several more references to me being a Namby Pamby were made by the professor throughout the course of the semester (and then one random reference by a Con Law Professor, but that is another story).

This blog is an attempt at humor. Nothing more. You can laugh at me or with me; at least you are laughing.