Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summering with Namby Part III: Sacrificial Clerk

The summer is halfway over for Bambi. I’ve taken him to court, dragged him into depositions, forced him to write complaints, motions, f*** letters, had him sign up new clients and many other experiences designed to scare him away from the practice of law.

He’ll be heading back to the land of “Duty” and “Finals” and “Loads of student debt without the hope of finding a job that will allow him to pay it off…ever” shortly so I’ve got to make the remainder of the time I’ve got with him count.

So I fired him.

Which is something that I don’t have the authority to do. But it makes me laugh. And he laughs with me (or at me), so it’s a win-win for all involved.

--
Update: Bambi just emailed me and fired me.

I love this kid.