Saturday, June 12, 2010

The most wonderful time of every four years

Let me just put it out there: I love the World Cup. And I wish everyone else did too.

(For those of you that don't care for soccer, it's ok...I'll return to law, alcohol and other examples of my idiocy next time around.)

The Olympics are fun, but there is nothing close to the emotional levels exhibited by the fans of the beautiful game. I wish we had that exuberance. I wish we had that passion. I wish we had that unity.

Our nation will turn a slightly interested eye for the next month, namely thanks to ESPN's expansive coverage. But unless the United States does something that would be more amazing than peace in the middle east, there will be no nation rising behind the 23 men representing the stars and stripes.

Here's to hoping for a miracle.