Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Slacker's Ethical Dilemma

I'm defending my expert's deposition at noon. I am not at the office. And I have no desire to make it there today.

The facts are as follows: (1) It is way far away from my office, (2) It's costing about $1,000 an hour, (3) It's probably not going to last more than 90 minutes and (4) if I make the deposition go past 2:30 p.m., I can escape the guilty feeling about not going into the office today.

I am presently sitting on the couch in my pajamas and pondering: (1) How can I stretch 90 minutes of questions into 180 minutes of questions (2) Can I have the expert read the phonebook without torpedoing my case and (3) Should I feel guilty about causing the Defense counsel to pick up a $3,000 tab just because I don't want to make it into the office today?

--
3pm Update: Success.