Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday feels like it has a case of the Mondays

Trouble Ho! I go see my partner about a case that is up in court this morning. As I walk into his office, his first question is “Can I ask why are you not in Court?” I know that the time isn’t for another ninety minutes. “Look at the order! Get over there!” He tosses the file at me and I begin the hurried walk out of the office. After three steps I find the order, see that I am right and promptly return to his office to do what I had started to do: talk about this case.

All Rise! There is a pro se Plaintiff. This pro se Plaintiff is standing before the judge. This pro se Plaintiff, standing before the judge, has about 15 strands of blonde hair. Scotch taped to her scalp.

Counsel? The judge told me that if I didn’t draft the order exactly as he said, he would hold me in contempt. This was not a joke.

Coping mechanism: I stopped by Starbucks on the way back from Court. I didn’t drink until I got back to my office. Where I found that they got my drink very, very wrong.

I want to go to bed. And not wake up until I’ve won the lottery.