Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A caller gets the Trifecta: Klutz of the year, Prospective Mother of the Year, and All-Around Person of the Year

Caller: I slipped and fell while I was on the sidewalk.
Me: Ok, what happened?
Caller: The sidewalk was cracked.
Me: Well that doesn’t really…
Caller: Then I slipped again when I walking home from doing laundry…
Me: Ma’am…
Caller: And I slipped when I got off the bus...
Me: I’m sor…
Caller: I tripped when I was at the Metra station.
Me: What did you tri…
Caller: I fell while walking with my shopping cart going home…
Me: [Pause to regain my composure] You’ve fallen quite a lot haven’t you?
Caller: Yes, I have. Then I fell while I was pregnant.
Me: Was your baby affected by the fall?
Caller: I don’t know.
Me: What do you mean?
Caller: I never gave birth.
Me: Was this a result of the fall?
Caller: I don’t know.
Me: You said you were pregnant.
Caller: The doctors said I was never pregnant.
Me: So you weren’t pregnant when you fell.
Caller: No, I was.