Monday, June 29, 2009

Shiny happy people [call my phone and yell at me in the morning]

I’m a little tired this morning and I am still a little under the weather, in other words, I am not looking to deal with assholes this morning. I am just keeping my head down and plugging through a pile of paperwork. Then my direct line rings and I pick up without looking at the Caller ID:

Me: This is Namby.
Caller: Yeah…um... Hi there, can you connect me to the law firm of Smith and Smith?
Me: I believe you have the wrong number.
Caller: Just transfer me to Smith and Smith then.
Me: I’m sorry sir, my name is Namby and I’m attorney with the law firm of Jones and White.
Caller: What? What do you mean? I want you to connect me to Smith and Smith NOW!
Me: Sir, I’ve never heard of that firm.
Caller: WHAT??!?! How have you never heard of Smith and SMITH???
Me: There are a lot of lawyers in Chicago, I don’t know them all.
Caller: This is OUTRAGEOUS! You have to be fucking kidding me! Just connect me to Smith and Smith right now.
Me: You have obviously called a different number then you did when you got a hold of Smith and Smith. I have no idea how to contact this law firm and frankly, I don’t care. My name is Namby and I am attorney with a different law firm.
Caller: I’m asking you one last time to transfer me to Smith and Smith.
Me: You really don’t believe me when I say I have no idea who you are talking about, do you?
Next time, I’m just giving him the number to someone who cares the local Chinese takeout place.