Friday, June 05, 2009

Bartender. Fail.

Last night, in what has become ongoing tradition, a gaggle of us Chicago bloggers (as well as a few other fierce creatures) gathered for a Happy Hour Cocktail party. Within seconds of setting foot inside of the Artful Bloggers humble abode, I was determined to fix myself a cocktail. Success, however, did not follow:

Like any successful Gin and Tonic, I combined the Gin, Tonic and Ice. Apparently, I neglected to understand that the drink was now ready to serve…thus I continued to prepare the beverage. I had combined these items into a cocktail shaker, covered the cocktail shaker, and began to shake.

Within seconds, Gin and Tonic were forcefully spraying all over the room.

All I could bring myself to do was stare at the liquid shooting forth over the furniture. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why this was happening. Who knew you aren’t suppose to shake carbonated beverages?

I was in rare form last night.