Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Clients are funny

Client: I know we are all set for me any my sister to give our depositions next month but I have a question.
Me: Yeah, we are. What’s up?
Client: Well, that date works for me just fine, but…um…it doesn’t work well for my sister. She's got to go on this vacation.
Me: What do you mean, we had this scheduled for a while now?
Client: Well, um…uh…my sister is going to be on um…vacation…um…during that time..uh...and I was wondering if she could…uh…give you know…like a written statement before she goes on her vacation.
Me: When does your sister go on "vacation"?
Client: She leaves the end of the month…and well…um…well…like I said its not a voluntary vacation…and uh…its going to be a while before she gets back.
Me: That sounds like quite the "vacation"
Client: I call it a vacation…but like I said its not voluntary…
Me: I understand, the length of her vacation could be shortened with good behavior.
Client: [Nervous laughter] Yeah, that's the type of vacation…uh…so is there anything you can do before she goes on her vacation?
Me: I’ll see what I can do