Sunday, December 14, 2008

No wine or spirits were harmed in the writing of this post

I'm off to a Christmas party this afternoon with the people listed in my sidebar. It's a pot luck sort of affair and my contribution is quite simple: booze. Lots of booze. My recipe contribution is this delicious sounding cocktail.  Then I bought a decent bit of wine. 


I loaded all of these things into a box and went out to my car.  Whereupon, the water and ice covered driveway tried to get drunk at my expense.  As I am roughly 5 feet from my car, I lose my footing and start to do that dance [the oh shit oh shit oh shit dance] prior to falling.  Kinda like Michael Flatley, only with a nice amount of booze in my hands.   Thankfully, I was able to steady myself by basically diving at the car with the box landing on the car roof and me hugging the car for dear life.  

I am that coordinated individual who seriously contemplated not going back inside, opening one of the bottles of brandy, and having the party by myself in the car.  At 10 in the morning.