Monday, August 04, 2008

Live blogging the end of the world

The tornado sirens are currently sounding in my hometown. I'm in the basement. And I just opened the basement door. Supposedly the Typhoon going by my house is passing about 70-80 mile an hour winds, hail, and tornados are rumored to be around.

The good news is that in the next 15 minutes, the tornadoes will likely be past my house. The bad news is that well...there could be fucking tornadoes.

Smoke if you got em.

---
So, It's been 8 minutes, and the world has yet to end. The world is coming down all around us, but we are just peachy here. It's kinda funny, my computer screen currently has Microsoft Word with a motion that I am writing, Firefox open with the Weather Channel Website, Google Maps, this Blog entry, and the Illinois Rules of Civil Procedure, and several IM chats.
---

20 minutes in, it seems that the worst is over (I hope). It's packing heat to Chicago.