Sunday, May 25, 2008

Somewhere Tiger Woods is laughing at me

Since adopting this 'job' thing, I've become much more of a morning person thus it is extremely difficult for me to sleep past 7am. [For some reason, my friends don't seem to have this difficulty.] Anyway, I was out on the golf course early yesterday morning as a solo golfer. It was the perfect way to start the Memorial Day holiday.

I was paired up with a threesome who each introduced themselves as 'sucking' at golf. These guys were fantastic to play with. Even more so when they started to ply me with beer at 9:45 in the morning. Even more more so because they did in fact not outskill me on the golf course (we were equals) except for one of the players. Nice guy. Loves to golf. Lefty.

And he had his left hand encased in a cast halfway up his arm.

It wasn't so much that I lost to a guy with his dominant hand encased in plaster. It was the fact that he was hitting most all fairways in regulation with one hand on the damn club.

Yes, I suck at golf.