Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well that was awesome

I was out Monday night with the Chicago crew and we were watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Red Wings, unfortunately, thoroughly dominated [That's all I'm going to say about that] and then it was time to head home.

The oft mentioned Daisy and Enabler were in one car and I was in the other as we were driving down Michigan Avenue when we came to a stop light. Me being in the right lane and needing to take a left turn in two blocks and me being a show off, decides to jump off the line and get in front of these two.

It worked: I changed lanes at around 40 mph, had my left front tire explode and then I hit the curb.

Total awesomeness.

Then a homeless guy, named 'Chocolate Chip Charley' rushed up to me and offered to change my tire before I even had even gotten out of my car.

Let's look at my Monday scorecard:

  1. Wounded Ego: Check
  2. Pride Goeth Before Fall, Curb: Check
  3. $40 Fee to the Homeless Guy Pit Crew: Cash
  4. Destroyed Pittsburgh Penguins: Ugh