Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My New Rule: When the Boss Is Able to Read Your Computer Screen, Don't Check Your Work E-mail

I am sitting in my office efficiently doing work [really, I was…] when the Junior Partner walks in and starts up a conversation. As we are talking, I turn back to my computer because Outlook has let me know that I have received mail. The Junior Partner is in a position to be able to read whatever is on my computer screen but I don’t think anything of it until I open up the e-mail that I just received.

-----Original Message-----
From: Undergrad Friend
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:41 AM
To: Namby Pamby
Subject: RE: this weekend

Do you use lube with ladies? Walgreens has Astroglide on sale...
It's not like I needed something to make my workday more entertaining, but thanks for the added excitement.