Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Just another day at the office

A few moments from my work day:

1. The Senior Partner opens his office door and stands in the doorway for several moments and appears to be contemplating something. He takes two steps into the middle of the hallway when he just announces to the office, "It's just a shame that Reese Witherspoon is getting a divorce. I definitely did not see that coming..."

2. Two attorneys rush into the office after they briefly attended a client meeting. They are jubiliantly discussing about how the board of directors of this client voted unamimously to enact whatever legal proposal that had authored. An associate came up to me trying to figure out what had just happened to make these two giddy as school children:

Associate: What did they pass 23-0
Me: A Bowel Movement
3. I'm walking back to my office with my rubber band ball in hand, which is about the size of a 16-inch softball. Along the way, several attorneys pet, poke, throw, bounce and prod my masterful allocation of office resources. Again, I speak [loudly] before thinking it all the way through, "What is with all the attorneys touching with my ball?"