Wednesday, November 01, 2006

College Basketball is Back

I was talking to former chaplain of my college's basketball team. He said that he was about to start serving as the team's chaplain again but the Athletic Department warned him that he must behave while he is sitting on the bench.

Me: "Why did they warn you?
The Chaplain: "Well, I used to speak my mind to the ref. This one game the referee was screwing our team over. The worst ref I had ever seen in my life. There was about 15-20 seconds left in the game. And our team called a timeout. I got off the bench and walked straight over to the ref. The ref was like, 'Well, Father, what do you think of the game?' And I said, 'Are your parents at the game today? I think you should bring them down on the floor so that I can marry them. And make you legitimate'"