Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It’s not that I threw him under the bus, it was more of a subtle push

I was venturing round the boonies when I got a call from my office: “I might have entered the wrong order on that case I was covering for you…”

When I got back to the office, I grabbed the incorrect order and headed for the judge’s chambers. praying that I could undo this before any serious complications cropped up.

Me: Your Honor, I was in a different county this morning. I had another attorney from my office cover this and well, he entered the wrong order.
Judge: That happens. I’m sure that the associate is mortified right now. Tell him not to worry about it, we’ve had that happen a few times this week already.
Me: It…uhh…wasn’t an associate.
Judge: What? Oh… Ohhhhhhh.
Me: Yeah.
Should I tell my partner that my name is now Judas?