Saturday, November 28, 2009

This is not the way I wanted to be spending by Thanksgiving

Swine flu is a bitch.

But that’s just because I can’t breathe out of my nose and have a horrendously sore throat.

That’s really all I can say. I got better. Then I got worse. And then I spent the time that was supposed to be the family Thanksgiving gathering by myself because I was feeling too disgusting to socialize, eat or be human.

The worry around the holidays is that you are going to overindulge in tasty treats. Presently, I am over indulging in hot tea, napping on the couch and napping in my bed. On the positive: I am not dead [yet]. On the negative: I am having the hardest time sleeping.

It’s a bad sign when I want to take every cold, sinus and flu medicine in the house in addition to the antibiotics to help me feel better.

Ugh.