Thursday, June 25, 2009

Of all things to be happening when I'm running late

I'll start by saying that I've been under the weather the past three days. I cannot tell you how much fun it is to be running a low grade fever, being outside in 80 degree weather with 145% humidity and going to work. It's totally awesome.

This morning, I got to jaunt out to one of the County Courthouses and, since I'm under the weather, I was running late.

I had a 9:00 call and at 8:56, I am still a mile from the Courthouse. After attempting to run a driver lacking any mental ability (WHY ARE YOU GOING 7 MILES AN HOUR???) off the road, I am speeding towards the Courthouse parking lot. I'm preparing to take the turn in at 40 miles and hour when I see...what the... the parking lot is closed.

And filled with a frigging traveling circus:




I ended up having to park about three blocks away and I was late to Court. Seriously: a frigging circus. What a day.