Thursday, June 18, 2009

The most important legal discussion to have ever occurred.

Attorney: When do you think the Cubs bats are going to wake up?
Me: November.
Attorney: Not me. Not me my friend. I have faith.
Me: I’m a Cubs fan, I don’t have faith, I have eternal pessimism.
Attorney: I have faith the Cubs are going to the World Series!
Me: I believe that you have mistaken faith with delusions.
Attorney: Mark my words, World Series!
Me: You might want to schedule an appointment with a qualified mental health professional.
Attorney: It’s the second half that matters. 2005, Houston got hot and went to the World Series.
Me: Where they got their asses kicked.
Attorney: Colorado got hot in the second half and went to the World Series.
Me: Where they got their asses kicked.
Attorney: I would be happy going to the World Series to get my ass kicked.

---
POST GAME UPDATE: Maybe he was right?