Friday, May 01, 2009

Urgent action items

Artful had me over to watch the Bull’s game and to drink scotch. And then watch the Hawks game and drink more scotch. Then we talked as men do with a cigar in hand (and drank more scotch).  Then today came...

Sleep deprivation, a hangover and a craving for Mexican food has been a common theme as this day has progressed. Toss in an emergency crash course in estate law along with a never ending client call and you’ve got yourself my morning in a nutshell.

In order to survive the remainder of the workday, I’ve come up with a few things I have to do:

  1. Stop swearing in front of the clients' kids.
  2. Cease referring to one client as "the bastard that has the nerve to try and die on me" [Circling the drain, though, is still perfectly acceptable]
  3. Play more peekaboo with the aforementioned clients kids.
  4. Stop telling the soon to be graduating law students in the office that its not too late for them to drop out.
  5. Bill my nap.