Monday, March 02, 2009

I guess what this means is that my 15 minutes of fame expired last week

Last week, as I was relaxing at home after work, I got a call on my cell phone. It was a number I did not recognize and that I was in the midst of quality Playstation time being in the reduced mental state after a long day of work, I decided not to answer.

I finally get around to checking my voicemail with the TV still grabbing the bulk of my attention:

“I am an attorney and I have a similar case to yours. I heard about you…”
At this point I am paying total attention to the TV.
“I would love to have your thoughts on my case. Hope to hear from you soon.”
What did he just say? Why on earth does he want my thoughts on his case? What the heck is going on here?

I turn off the TV and I listen to the voicemail again:
“I am an attorney and I have a similar case to yours. I heard about you on the radio as they were talking your case where you are representing [states name of client] against [states name of Defendant]. I would love to have your expert thoughts on my case. Hope to hear from you soon.”
Say what now?