Friday, March 20, 2009

The end result is twice the coffee in the same amount of time

I woke up this morning dreaming about my first Starbucks of the day. Different, I know, but that’s what happens when I get various texts into the wee hours of the morning about my favorite college basketball team getting its teeth kicked in. But I digress…

My daily routine consists of stopping by Starbucks, getting my coffee, and heading into the office. This is a constant but subject to one exception: if I have to be in Court before 10:00, I wait until I get back to frequent the caffeine provider.

My thought process once I got off the train was simple: “Must Get…ooo pretty blonde…no no focus…Must Get Starbucks!” And that’s what I did. I place my order, pay, begin to wait and my phone goes off: “Calender Alert: 9:30 Judge Smith, Motion.” Crap. I thought it was at 10:30. Crap. Crap.

Thus, this morning I chug my latte as I am moving at warp speed around the office getting my things together. My carefully planned morning routine has been upset. The day, she is not starting well.

I am sitting in the courtroom, twitching, when Daisy starts to text me about the fun she is witnessing in Daley Center a few floors below me. Then she suggests coffee. I cannot refuse more coffee. We meet up after our respective courtly matters and head to the Daley Center Starbucks. Then she buys.

Thanks to Daisy, I will be twitching for the remainder of the morning.

What a great day.