Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Thursday Five

1.  Cold coffee is bad. A luke-warm latte is worse. Four hot shots of straight espresso is the best.


2.  How I get what I want from Plaintiff’s attorneys: Use a smile, professional courtesy and have a client that will pay for multiple summary judgment motions.

3.  I have one client who is walking away from a case because he doesn’t want the money and I have one client that is ready to spend five figures to recover four figures.  Ugh.

4.  There is an epidemic that has been going on at my office for far too long. Apparently, some attorneys never learned to flush the toilet.  I guess they were sick that day in law school.

5.  While on the phone with Wasilla, Alaska this afternoon, I say that I am from Chicago.  The first question from the other end of the phone, “You’re from Chicago, eh? Do you know Barack Obama?” My response: “You realize the first question I wanted to ask you was 'do you know Sarah Palin'?”