Friday, November 14, 2008

Discovery Channel

I wrote about the less exciting social life that I currently enjoy living in the suburbs. After I wrote the post, I changed my mind and went out last night for a little while and as a result, I got home nice and early. Let me say that a 2am arrival from a night out is an amazing thing when the alarm is set to go off at 6am.

I’m at work, half asleep, and cursing this defense lawyer and the lack of conformity in interrogatories. I’ve realized that there are a few facts I must share in the realm of my life with written discovery.

Fact: Doing written discovery, even when fully awake, sucks.

Fact: Doing written discovery half asleep makes me want my client to have an unfortunate event happen to him. Like meeting his doom from the business end of a bus.

Fact: I giggle when I see the words “Oral Argument” [I know, this doesn’t have anything to do with written discovery…it’s just a fact]