Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Some client calls are entertaining. Others I don't even pay attention to a word that comes out of their mouth

Me: [Looking at the Caller ID as I pick up the phone] Client, how are things?
Client: My world is ending, my world is ending, my world is ending
Me: [I tuned out as soon as I answered the phone] You don’t say.
Client: World. Ending. [5 minutes later she wraps up telling me why her world is ending]
Me: I understand, I understand [No idea what he is talking about]
Client: Don’t you understand what this means????
Me: Uh huh. Uh huh…um…absolutely. It’s a horrible thing [What did she just say?]
Client: World. Is. Over.
Me: [Not even paying attention to what he is saying] Well, Client, it’s always great to talk to you and I will talk with you tomorrow.
Client: Thank you so much for just being there for me. You do so much for me.
Me: Anytime Client, Anytime

Namby Pamby, Humanitarian of the Year