Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Blackberry Strikes Back

I'm in line for coffee this morning. I've got my iPod going and I'm wanting some delicious Dunkin Coffee. I'm second from the checkout when I hear the clerk (over my iPod) repeatedly asking for the next order. Not my order, mind you, they know me by face and I never have to verbally mention my order (Extra Large, Cream & Sugar)...but it's the jackass attorney in front of me pounding away on his fucking Blackberry totally oblivious the world that is going on around him.

A couple of hard taps on the shoulder later, he finally looks up. Orders. And then pays with a credit card.

I'm hoping that I don't pull a Michael Douglas in Falling Down the next time I encounter one of these upstanding members of the legal community impeding my path for coffee