Sunday, July 27, 2008

How I ruined my Saturday because of a bloody thief and put myself in a great mood for the rest of the week OR how I got the new iPhone 3G

The plan for Friday night was to go to a birthday party in the city. But I was drained from work so I went home. So I got there and immediately decided to expend my remaining energy hitting a few golf balls at the driving range, going home to have a few glasses of wine, and then hit the sack.

I hit a bucket of balls, spend 30 minutes at the chipping green, and then hit up the putting green for a few minutes. I then headed to my car for the trip home. It was at this point I went for my phone that was residing in my golf bag.

And it’s not there.

I spent the next hour retracing every step that I made while I was at the course. I get a cell phone from the pro shop trying to call and see if I dropped it and possibly hearing it ring. No luck.

On call number three, someone picks it up and then quickly turns it off. Then every call after proceeds to go to voicemail. Well this sucks.

So my iphone was taken. Fuck.

But the saga doesn’t end there. Remember, I was there opening day last year. I stood in line for two hours and didn’t get a phone right away. I didn’t want to get the new iPhone because I didn’t have the desire to spend 15 bucks more a month on my cell phone nor did I feel the need to spend 300 bucks just to replace a perfectly good iPhone.

But I really had no options now. So I figured I’d get to the Apple Store at 8am, get my phone, and be home before 9 so I could have a 10am tee time.

Not so fast.

I get there at 7:45 and the line is roughly 100 people long. So this may be a little longer than 30 minutes in and out. And this is two weeks after this damn thing came out.

Nearly 6 hours later, I get the phone that I sorta wanted, but not really wanted. I can’t believe that it took this long and totally ruined my Saturday.

Truth be told the new iPhone is great and awesome. But nothing, especially a phone, not even the new Jesus phone is worth spending 6 hours in a line for.