Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Death of a Credit Card

It started innocently enough as a need: a single suit. The first one since law school ended.

And so I went to the Michigan Avenue Nordstrom's and I looked for a suit. And I found a suit. But I decided to wait. Mainly because the salesman was a jackass. (He didn't seem to understand the simple fact that I do not like Italian suits...I tried to tell him. But after the third time I told him, he still grabbed an Armani off the rack. Idiot.)

That was about 7 weeks ago. I still needed a new suit and so off to Nordstrom I went the very next weekend. Same suit was there. (Hugo Boss, 3 Button, Side Vent, Blue with Thick Gray Striping). And I got it. Along with three shirts. Two ties. And a pair of shoes.

Then the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale happened three weeks later. One would be surprised how quickly you can buy two suits (Both Hugo Boss, 3 Button, Side Vents, one Charcoal Grey with Pinstripes and one with Grey with Black Striping), two shirts, and one tie. [I was in and out in less than 45 minutes].

But tragically, after I picked up one of the new suits, I discovered that a pocket in the jacket had ripped and that the pants hadn't been taken in. Today was my day to go get it fixed.

I got it fixed. And for good measure picked up a shirt. And one more suit.