Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Wrongs of Copy and Paste

I was working on a stack of interrogatories this morning. They were so interesting that I started to g-chat with Eddie in the midst of my writing, then copying and pasting. The actual sequence of events was write, switch to Gmail type to Eddie, back to Word, copy, paste. Begin the next question.

I started the conversation with the aforementioned Eddie because I was debating about posting a quote from the movie Old School as a response to a string of serious comments about a serious subject matter. You know me, I can't take anything serious. Well, I can't take most things seriously. Anyways, the quote I had decided on was completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. But still funny. Thus, I had a winner. And I wanted to tell someone about it before I did it.

The conversation finishes. I finish the interrogatories. I print the interrogatories. Sign the interrogatories. And then, just because I do things out of order, I review them. Good call:

35. True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

ANSWER:
The good news is that I caught it. The bad news is that I now figured I needed to answer this like a lawyer:
35. True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

ANSWER: Admit in as much to the question deals with true love. Objection on the double teaming of said girlfriend. Defendant has never caught the early flight home to San Diego.