Saturday, February 09, 2008

Big things every three days

It's been a whirlwind past several days: I moved from the city, back to the suburbs, because of the lack of success in the job market. I bit the bullet and I am living the dream. In the suburbs. With the dog. And my parents.

Three days after that I had an interview.

Three days after that I started my job.

The job is fantastic. I have no idea how much money I am getting paid, but I don't really care. At some point, I will likely ask. I intend to keep going in early and leaving late. My bosses are great. The work is awesome. The first two days flew. The third day has already been set in motion:

Boss: You're going to court on Monday.
Me: [I wasn't looking at him as he approached] I...what?
Boss: Court. You. Monday.
A move. An interview. A job. A solo court appearance. I can't wait for what's next.