Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Starting off the New Year right (Alternately Titled: I'm a lawyer, not a genius)

I had the priceless idea of heading home from the party I was attending around 2am. I was tired. A little buzzed. And there was a big day of football to watch the next day so I had reason to sleep.

The party I was attending was about two miles directly south of where I live. 2 miles directly south of where I live is what some would call the ghetto.  2 miles south of where I live is not an area cabs frequent at most times. 2 miles south, at 2 am, in 2008, is a fantastic place to walk from.

Did I mention that it was windy and snowing?

I've heard it said that whatever you are doing New Years Morning is a good indication of how your year will go. This is what I have to look forward to:

  1. Trudging through wind, snow, and then randomly stepping in 4 inches of water while wearing sneakers
  2. Being hassled by a bum
  3. Shrinkage
It's going to be a damn good new year.