Thursday, July 19, 2007

One sentence away from a series of tort claims

So there I am. Sitting in my car. Driving. Thinking about the Bar Exam. Specifically, I am trying to remember the rules for joinder. For some reason, I cannot remember these rules to save my life. That's when it hits me. In Illinois, it is a liberal and permissive rule for Joinder.

Fantastic, I have remembered the rule.

However, I have forgotten to drive.

Because there I am, satisfied in my Illinois Civil Procedure knowledge, having come to a complete stop in rush hour traffic, at a Green Light.

That was the sort of evening drive that I was having. I'll be honest, it freaked me out. I was like, "Must. Read. Essay Examples" so I don't have this memory block. 90 seconds after my halting at a green light, I did what any normal, driven, intelligent prospective bar examinee does 5 days before the test: I turn onto the Kennedy Expressway and I whip out my book and start reading in the traffic.

And then I take a picture of me doing this:


Stupid Bar Exam. You are going to be my demise.