Thursday, May 17, 2007

Conversation at Starbucks

Some conversations just leave you with that blank look on your face. This conversation left us with that blank look and a Venti Iced Vanilla Latte:

Starbucks Barista: [Reading my friend’s ID badge] …Organ…Transplantation…
My Friend: Yeah I worked in the Organ Transplantation Department of Big Hospital
Starbucks Barista: That’s so cool! Do you personally transplant organs?
Me: [Quickly] No, he just steals them
My Friend: I work on the business side
Starbucks Barista: Well, I’ll be seeing you soon!
My Friend: …What do you mean?
Starbucks Barista: [Way too enthusiastically] I’m an organ donor!
We walk to the end of the line waiting for our drinks.
Me: She’ll be seeing you soon?
My Friend: Apparently she has planned a rendezvous with a speeding dump truck later tonight.