Saturday, January 06, 2007

Priceless Advice

I really would be lost without my Law School Career Services office.

Look at me: I'm going into my final semester of law school, I don't have a post-graduation job lined up, and I still need spell check to correctly write the word "Constitutional."

Never fear, the Career Services Office has just solved my latest worry with another timely e-mail: "E-Mail Names-Choosing an Appropriate E-Mail Name."

After reading this in-depth article written by a person who is living proof that no matter how stupid the topic may be, someone will, in fact, pay you for the drivel that you mistakenly call prose with a better resume than mine, I have learned that the current e-mail address on my resume [cheaplegalwhore@hirethedesperate.net] might send the wrong impression to potential employers.

It's time to update the resume.