Thursday, June 29, 2006

The "Everybody Else is Doing It" Movie Meme

Lots of various blogs have posted this movie meme...so I figure, why not?

The Rules:
A. Pick 11 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes.
D. Have commenters guess what the movie is.
E. Place the guesser’s user name directly after the quote.
F. Extra points for knowing the actor or character’s name.

The Quotes:
1. “Gets down to what it's all about, doesn't it? Making the wrong move at the right time”
This is from the Cincinnati Kid, Lancey Howard (Edward Robinson) talking to the Kid. Props to The Flying Spaghetti Monster

2. “Stop speaking fucking sputnik! I'm sure you guys were talking about pirogies and snow but let's cut that out.”
One my favorite lines in a movie full of great lines: Worm (Edward Norton) in Rounders. Nicely done, Jeff.

3. “Hey, did you see the grosses for Gandhi 2?”
Once again, FSM is correct with Walt Price (William H. Macy), in State in Main; one of my favorite movies and I must say it is totally underrated for the amazing cast that is in it


4. “The Godfather answers all of life's questions. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli”
Great chick flick: Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) in You've Got Mail. Nicely done, Lily

5. “Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free.”
As for chick flicks, this one tops my list. Jenny, the Littlest Tortfeasor herself nailed this one right on the head with Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) in Love Actually

6. “Perhaps play a little game called ‘just the tip’ just for a second, just to see how it feels.”
This is from the long paragraph of dialogue that caused me to convulse in the theatre with laughter. Jenny, nails it with Jeremy Beckwith (Vince Vaughn) from Wedding Crashers.

7. “American components, Russian Components, All made in Taiwan!”
FSM's Trifecta with the Russian Cosmonant, Lev, played by Pete Stormare in Armageddon

8. “I had a flair for languages. But I soon discovered that what talks best is dollars, dinars, drachmas, rubles, rupees and pounds fucking sterling.”
Lily comes through again with Lord of War, this being said by Yuri, aka Nicholas Cage

9. “You can call me Susan if it makes you happy”
'Should I call you bullet, should I call you tooth?' Jenny, right again, with Bullet Tooth Tony (Vinnie Jones) in Snatch.

10.” Since I've met you I've nearly been incinerated, drowned, shot at, and chopped into fish bait.”
Jeff, right on with Indiana Jones saying this line; The Last Crusade to be exact

11."We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time"
Jeff is being awesome, while not getting arrested for it, because he is right this is Al Pacino's character in Any Given Sunday.