Monday, April 14, 2008

I have returned

It was a fantastic sight to be walking off the airplane, admiring my sunburn, and watching snow fall from the night sky. Anyways, I'm back, I'm tired, and it's looking to be a busy week.

Just to add to the fun, I played soccer last night. I am a goalie and I was scheduled to play 4 games (3 indoor and 1 outdoor) yesterday. Ten minutes into the first game, I dive to make a save, make the save, land awkwardly and promptly break one of my fingers. [Well, this is my 'expert medical' opinion, it's purple and bent at an odd angle, I'm off to the doctor tomorrow]. I pull myself out of the net at the half, play the remainder of the game on the field (we won), play the next game on the field (we lost and thus didn't have the third indoor game), and then go play the outdoor game in 34 degree Chicago weather. Just to add to the fun, I play a second game after that.

At the end of the day the tally was 1 win, three losses, and a broken finger. Much like Vegas. Only colder.