Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Phone call!

The phone rings, I answer and that's when the fun starts

“You a lawyer? I need me a lawyer”
I am, how may I help you? (This is where the warning bells of total bullshit begin to sound)
“I ate some jiffy mix and it had maggots in it. I got a little sick, but not that sick. I didn’t go to the hospital or nothing”
Never saw a doctor? (At this point, I know that this is just going to be entertainment, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride)
“Naw, but if I need to, if you want me to, then I'll tell them that I got real sick. Sick as a dawg!”
A guinea pig for a client...I like where this is going.
“I’ll tell you what I’ll do. I have a few more boxes that I am pretty sure has maggots in them, I’m going to go eat them. I’ll get sick and we'll have a real big lawsuit”
As much as I would love to help...
“Let me stop you right there, I want to be honest with you, I just want to get me some money. I figure this is the best way to do it. I don’t really care about getting sick. I just want the money”
I get paid to talk to these people. How awesome is that?