Saturday, September 29, 2007

An indecent proposal

I was out drinking with my roommate last night.

We are drinking and watching the Cubs game at this bar when two women saunter in and sit at the bar. These women caught our attention because we'd been drinking. My roommate, who had been drinking since 8am, looked me straight in the eye and said: "How great would it be for us if those two were making us breakfast in the morning?" I say nothing. "I will give you $500 right now if you go up to them, buy them a drink, and are making out with at least one of them in the next hour." I remain silent. My roommate is undaunted: "If you get both of them home to our house tonight, I will pay your rent for six months."

I looked at him, I looked at the women, and then I looked back at him. "700 pounds of female and the best you could do was offer six months rent?"