Monday, September 24, 2007

5 Things About Sunday

1. I got injured playing soccer yesterday when I got taken out by an opposing striker (I play goalie) who should have been red carded. I've been bruised before, but this is crazy (I finished the game and we won, so I got that going for me, which is nice) because I've never been truly injured. I almost gave away my Bears Tickets yesterday because my leg hurt so bad. Me, give away Bears tickets? Crazy, I know.

2. In retrospect, I should have given the tickets away.

3. Dallas Cowboy fans are walking advertisements of why we need abortion in this country. So is Bears Offensive Coordinator Ron Turner.

4. While at the game, these three were sitting behind me:

And the Chris Farley look-a-like absconded with my hat and then as I was using my iPhone, that went too. And then a back massage started. The questions began: "Are you Catholic?" "What do you do for a living" "Are you married?" A call was made from my phone to a number that I don't recognize. Danger. Danger. Danger.

5. Finally, as I was driving home, a guy comes up to my car as I am at a stop light. He started talking: 'I normally don't do this, but I'm trying to get 4.90 for the train out to Lisle, I'm a licensed attorney who went to Brown undergrad and Michigan law who has struggled with alcohol, and I'm heading to a halfway house in Lisle that works with attorneys and doctors with substance abuse problems. I have a hearing with the ARDC this week as well, anything you can give me would be great' I gave him money and wished him well with the ARDC. I never give people money that ask for it on the street. But the ARDC bit sold it. I just hope I don't have to vote for Hillary now.

It was a weird day.