Friday, May 04, 2007

This dog is making me more of a Namby Pamby

Let me start by saying that I love dogs. Always have. Always will. However, that does not mean that I love all dogs. I love my dog. And hunting dogs.

I write this because my roommate and his fiance agreed to dogsit for two of their friends who are going on a vacation. I was sitting at home last night glued to the Mavs-Warriors game when the door opens, they walk in, and in shoots Gizmo. Gizmo is a froofy lapdog. [I am not the biggest fan of froofy lapdogs]

So your roommate and his girl agreed to dogsit, what's the big deal?

My roommate and his fiance have fulltime jobs. That often require them to work overtime. Put this another way: they are never home. That means no one to stay with the dog...except for me.

My roommate left him, unwalked, locked in his bathroom and bolted for work. "Hey, if you want to let him out, you can, otherwise, I'll see you tonight!" Not 60 seconds after my roommate locks our front door is when Gizmo begin to cry. I cannot, in good conscious, leave a dog caged in my roommates bathroom. I cannot, in good conscious, stay in bed when a dog is crying. I let him out. And I am his hero.

But this doesn't change the fact that no self-respecting man should be seen walking this dog.

But alas, I must.