Saturday, December 16, 2006

Closing Time...

The vacation is in its waning hours. I have a Red Eye flight awaiting.

I've had a few cocktails this evening. I've had a good buzz going. So what is the prudent thing to do? Go swim in the ocean.

It's dark. It's cold. It's raining. I've been drinking. So has my roommate and his cousin. And we sprinted out of the hotel, across the beach, losing the clothes in the process, and jumped headfirst into the oncoming tide.

Undercurrent + state of near inebriation = GREAT IDEA.

A sprint back across sand colder than the water was awesome. Getting back into the jacuzzi that we had spent the previous hour was even better. Strutting across the lobby of the nicest hotel in Santa Monica dripping wet was priceless.

Unfortunately, I'm now showered and packed and have 90 minutes until I have to leave for the airport. A great vacation is coming to an end.

See you on the flipside