Monday, November 13, 2006

This Changes Everything

It still hasn’t sunk in. It’s been 24 hours and it still seems like a dream to me.

Our four days in DC were absolutely amazing. Each time that our team went, whether it was the prosecution or the defense, we got better. Stronger. It brought tears to my eyes watching my teammates.

We knew everyone’s responsibility and our support for each other never wavered. The bond grew stronger as we continued on. This is something that I have never felt before, but I do know that without each other, we would have never succeeded. Whenever I was conducting a direct examination, arguing an objection or tearing through a witness on cross, I felt their support, we were one unit. Fighting in unison for same goal.

I remember arguing over stupid things with one of my more experienced teammates before we set out for DC. When I sat down after giving the opening statement in the first round, officially kicking off our tournament run, I knew that I would take a bullet for her. One team. One goal.

At the end of the day, we held the trophy.

And we brought a national title back to Chicago.