Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm going a little too fast...whoops...I'm going to blow

The scene opens on cross examination. I have ask for and been granted permission to approach the witness. I have finished refreshing his recollection and asked my next question.

Opposing Counsel: Objection your honor! Calls for Speculation
Me: Are you kidding me? Your Honor, this argument is witho...
Judge: You, Calm Down, I haven't said anyt...
Opposing Counsel: Your honor, this point is clearly spec...
Judge: And you, you don't get to talk. You objected, if anything he gets to talk, but you are quiet...
Me: Your Honor, this matter has no bearing...
Judge: Did it look like I was finished talking? You have no idea what I'm about to do. You wait until I decide what I am going to do, is that clear?
Me: Yes sir
Judge: Is that clear?
Opposing Counsel: Yes.
Judge: Objection Overruled. That was easy, wasn't it?