Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Intellectual Sunday Night Fun

There was a street festival in Lincoln Park over the weekend. I arrived late and met up with my friends that were there. There was food. There were several beer stands. There was a concert with at least 2000 people in attendance. Where did I find my friends? 20 feet from the line of 30 portable toilets staring intently at those who entered the loo.

Yep. This is who I hang out with.

I had no idea why they were standing, gawking even, at this line of portojohns. Then they told me to go use the one on the end. Me, being a lemming-like individual, followed their command obediently. I opened the door, took a half step up, and promptly saw that around the toilet bowl there was quite a large pile human fecal matter. How someone missed the toilet hole so badly is still beyond me.

I did an about face, only to realize that this was why they were standing there. They were cheering everyone who came out grimacing at the pile. One guy shouted at the top of his lungs, “I’m 28 years old and this is the most fun I have ever had!!!” The more dramatic the reaction, the bigger the cheer. The crowd got bigger and bigger, somewhere in the vicinity of 75 people. The cheers got louder and louder. This is how we spent our night.

Two hours later, the security got wind of what was in the toilet and shut down our free amusement. Poo on them.

Why? What do you do for fun?