Saturday, June 17, 2006

Time to go shopping...for a wedding gift

As I mentioned earlier, I have a wedding to go to a week from today. My roommate and I were having an intellectual discussion about the amount of money that should be spent on a wedding gift and that naturally led us to what in the hell should we get the soon-to-be-annulled-or-divorced-in-less-then-18-months happy couple. Frankly, I believe that spending money on this marriage is akin to giving my hard earned money to the government.

So, the ideas that we have come up with so far, in part spurred on by the movie Wedding Crashers, are as follows:

  1. A box of Gary, IN air with a precious handwritten card etched with the message of "Suckers!"
  2. A 12 Inch, Black-Rubber Dildo
  3. Side-by-side burial plots
  4. A spread of business cards from the finest divorce lawyers in the City of Chicago
  5. Steal someone else's present, lose their card, and replace it with our own.
  6. Nothing
I'm open for suggestions