Friday, May 26, 2006

I guess my options are limited

An E-Mail to my trial professor two weeks ago:

Dear Professor,

I just found out that I made the moot court trial team. I beat out over 40 others to get the one open spot on the team, obviously I could not have done that without your class. Thank you so much for putting together a great teaching staff.

Sincerely
The Namby Pamby
A paraphrased response:
Congratulations! Your hard work paid off and I wish you the best of luck

--The Professor
Two Days Ago, My Grade Posts. It is less then what I believed I had deserved. Another e-mail to my professor:
Dear Professor,

Could you give me a breakdown/explanation of my final grade for your class?
Thanks,

TNP
The actual response:
I can't give you a breakdown of your grades exactly. I have been expecting an email from you, particularly giving the lovely note you sent about the class. When I saw your grade, I was surprised and went back to verify that all of the weekly grades and the final trial grade had been entered correctly. I also spoke with [your individual instructors].

What I found is that you were what I would call a "victim" of the curve. Although we do not follow the curve mandated by the law school, we do employ a curve in grading our students. This semester, there were a lot of high grades. One group of three sections was notably higher than the others, so I curved that group separately from the other four sections to even out the playing field.
I believe it is time to begin the law school fucked by a grade recovery process:
  1. Drink
  2. Masturbate
  3. Cry