Saturday, May 13, 2006

Flying, Finals, and the Crash

A lot of people I know are get a little ancy about flying. I've never really had a problem with it which might be due in part that my father flew for a major airline and for the Marines. But I always tell these people my tested philosophy about when they need to be afraid: worry only when the flight attendants are visibly about to shit themselves afraid. It works. Trust me.

The flying philosophy also is applicable to law school finals: when the members of law review start to worry about a final, then you too can worry about the final. And after a conversation that I just had, it is time for me to buckle down:

Me: So how is the studying going?
Him: Yeah...I am so unclear what it is we were supposed to learn from that class...
Ladies and Gentleman, this is your Captain speaking, I have some distressing news for you it. It turns out that we just lost an Engine, the tail fell off, and Bernoulli's Principle has ceased to be true. The good news is that our plane will take us all the way to the scene of the crash...

Time to get my study on.